We have a step-by-step plan on how you can treat your Mom to a squeaky-clean garage this Mother’s Day. The garage can be one of the most overlooked rooms in the house, and it’s certainly the one that Moms just don’t have the time for during the busy work week. Here’s your chance to make her feel loved.
An important note before you start: You may want to go ahead and throw yard work in as an extra perk for Mom. Landscaping breeds messy garages, so try to get it out of the way before you start cleaning.
- Get rid of all the junk.
- Clear the garage completely of all tools, sports equipment, etc.
- Give it a good scrub from top to bottom.
- Spray for pesky insects.
- Patch any holes, or if you’re an over-achiever, paint the walls.
- Grease the garage door springs and rollers (and any moving parts) with a lubricant to eliminate the annoying squeaks.
- Sweep and hose-off the garage door floor.
- Then follow some of these awesome organizing ideas for that extra touch!
- Feeling ambitious? Clean her car, too.
- Stand within catching range of your Mom when she sees the finished product. She’ll probably pass out.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful women out there who have made this world a better place.