Faux wood may seem like a cop-out for real wood, but here’s why people are raving about it, especially in the winter. It naturally requires less upkeep. Think about all the warping a wooden garage door goes through during climate changes. All of those drastic Ohio weather changes are enough to cause some bends in the wood.
With a Clopay composite garage door, you don’t have to worry about the warping… and you get some other great benefits…
Reasons why a faux wood garage door can make you pretty darn happy:
- They’re moisture-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about warping, cracking, or hungry termites. Without the warping, you don’t have to worry as much
- They can be highly insulated to help with home energy costs. This is a big factor as we head into the cold winter months.
- Faux wood garage doors are often cheaper than their real-wood counterparts, depending on what style and quality you go with.
Visit a garage door showroom:
- Maybe you’re trying to decide between wood composite garage doors and real wood garage doors but just can’t make a decision. We’d love to have you stop by our Worthington garage door showroom to see the difference for yourself. You wouldn’t believe how real some of our Ultra Grain faux wood garage doors look, like the ones in the Canyon Ridge, Coachman, and Gallery Ultra Grain collections.
Go digital with it:
- Try Clopay’s Imagination System, where you can upload a picture of your house and see what any of their garage doors will look like!
We just want to clarify that we love both wood and faux garage doors. But we know that some people just like one more than the other. So whichever side you’re on, give us a call if you need help. We do garage door installations and garage door repairs in Columbus and the surrounding areas. Since it’s repair season, keep us in mind. We’d love to earn your business and get you back up and running as soon as possible.