Five Easy Tips for Fall Garage Maintenance
The first day of fall is upon us! That snuck up quick, didn’t it? Seems like a lot of things that sneak up on us – like garage door maintenance.
While it may not *seem* crazy high on the priority list right now, taking your garage door’s pulse now could save you from standing out in the dead of winter trying to revive it later. With the holidays, we all know it only gets crazier from here.
Here are a few fall maintenance items to check that will only take a few minutes, but could save you a hassle later:
- Look and Listen. Is your garage door running smoothly? If your garage door is shaking like a leaf now, winter isn’t going to look much better. Take a second to clean out the tracks (a quick once-over with the vacuum nozzle will do the trick) and add some lubricant to battle what summer humidity may have done to the metal in your garage.
- Grab Your Level. Using a simple construction level can tell you whether your door or tracks have warped. This will tell you if you need to get some repairs before your car is held captive by a faulty door and you’re late for work. Again.
- Replace the Weatherstripping. If it’s cracked or brittle, ain’t no way it’s gonna keep the cold and damp out of your garage. Your gloved hands will thank you later. Weatherstripping is easy to find at home improvement and hardware stores, and pretty easy to install yourself too.
- Keep It Movin’. Check your rollers and springs to make sure they aren’t chipped, cracked, or stretched out. If they are, they’ll need replaced fairly soon. If you’re looking to DIY, check out our tips, but like any powerful, tightly wound, well-used thing, we have to warn you that springs can be dangerous. Be careful, or call us – we’ve done it a thousand times.
- Check the Opener Battery. Never fear, sometimes it’s as simple as that.
We know you’re busy. And we want to make sure running kids to soccer games, prepping for the holidays, and last-minute runs to the store go as smoothly as possible. If you know it’s important but don’t have the time to do it, give us a call! From tune-ups to repairs to replacements, we’ll keep your garage door moving as consistently as you.
What Our Customers are Saying:
“They worked out great. I forgot the name of the person that came to service our garage door but he was very professional and knowledgeable. We have an older LiftMaster garage opener and the wiring was a little worn out. He was able to fix the wiring, changed the rollers, fixed the safety eyes and reprogrammed our garage opener and the car garage opener. We are very happy with the service and would definitely use Deluxe Door Systems again.”