We’ve got some great news for anyone interested in selling their house.
Many people are calling today’s housing market the “strongest seller’s market ever.” And for good reason – Nearly 12,000 homes have been sold in Columbus in the last five months. So if you’re thinking about selling your house, now is a great time to make some final improvements and get it up on the market.
When you’re looking to make those final improvements, it’s always good to know what projects will get you the biggest bang for your buck. For example, easy, low-cost projects usually give you a higher ROI when you go to sell than bigger renovations.
With that in mind, here are a few tips to get the best ROI when you’re getting ready to sell your home.
- Maximize Your Curb Appeal – First impressions can make a big difference on potential buyers. But you don’t have to break the bank to make your home’s exterior look good. One of the best ways to improve your curb appeal is by replacing your garage door. Not only is getting a new garage door relatively inexpensive, it also has a fantastic ROI – often giving you more in returns than what you spent on it. Putting in a new garage door can make sure that every first impression is a good one.
- You can also replace your front door for a pretty good price.
- Try adding a few plants to give your front yard some color and vibrancy.
- Make Minor Repairs – Again, there’s no need to go overboard on big renovations before you sell. But make sure that your walls have a fresh coat of paint (neutral colors are best), your floors and tiles are crack-free, and your faucets, doors, and light bulbs are all in good shape. Usually the most obvious repairs and replacements are going to give you the biggest ROI since they’re cheaper and easy to get done.
- Also make sure your house is cleaned up. Vacuum often, dust your furniture and ceiling fans, replace old towels and rugs, etc.
- De-Clutter and De-Personalize Your House – Soon, your house will be someone else’s home, so it’s okay to take down family photos and personal items. This helps potential buyers see their own vision for what the house could look like. This is the cheapest thing you can do for your house, but one of the most valuable things you can do when you go to sell it.
Want to replace your old garage door? Give us a call! We service Columbus and the surrounding areas for garage door repair and installation. You can check out our collection of high-quality Clopay garage doors to see which one you like – and we’ll install it for you quickly and easily.