Metal on metal. It’s that horrible screeching sound when you open and close your garage door. Wanna fix it? Here’s what you need:
A bottle of grease/oil/silicone spray (here’s a bestseller you can try)
A step ladder in case there are hard-to-reach places
Old clothes and protective gear for your face/eyes
An old towel or rag
- Close your garage door.
- Take your old rag and wipe down all the metal parts you see. You have to get all the old gunk off before the grease spray can stick.
- Then spray the hinges, springs, and other moving parts of your garage door.
- Open and close the garage door a couple times to move the oil around.
- Open the garage a little bit, leaving it partially open (so you can reach new areas of the opener).
- Spray the tracks, rollers, and anything you may have missed.
- Open and close the garage door a couple more times.