There are so many different types of garage doors you can choose from, so how do you know which one is best? We decided to put a pro-con list together for the three most popular types of garage doors to give you an idea of what might fit your home best:
#1 – Glass Garage Doors
They’re sweeping the nation in popularity with their modern look, and there are multiple reasons glass garage doors are the bees knees.
- They’re some of our prettiest garage doors and tend to be the perfect fit for people who want the modern look.
- Made with durable and highly-insulated tempered glass.
- They let in a ton of light. No more dingy garage-cave.
- Highly customizable. Define your privacy, how much light you want in, etc. The possibilities are endless.
- While they have incredible insulation, they may not be quite as insulated as our steel or wood Intellicore insulated garage doors.
Steel / Composite Garage Doors
Steel garage door designs have come a long way from classic white panels. Now, more than ever, you can get the wood grain look, or stick to the clean white look. The possibilities are nearly endless.
- Now comes with various finishes that give you the look of real wood (wood grain or painted wood styles) without the upkeep of wood.
- Highly durable and tough. You won’t worry about warping.
- Insulated with our Intellicore Insulation which fills every nook and cranny for a solid barrier between your home and the great outdoors.
- More prone to dents than real wood doors.
Real Wood Garage Doors
Timeless, classic, and authentic.
- Gives your home an authentic, luxury feel with real, rich wood grain.
- Wood doors are very insulated.
- You won’t have to worry about pesky dents or dings that can happen at times on steel garage doors.
- Your real wood door will require some upkeep over time. (But with the look you get, we think it’s worth it!)
If you’re searching for the right garage door for your home, we’ve got a couple things to make the process a little easier for you. Our beautiful Clopay garage doors are on display at our Garage Door Showroom in Worthington. Feel free to give us a call or contact us to set up a safe appointment to see them.
We install new garage doors in Clintonville, Bexley, Gahanna, Worthington, Hilliard, Plain City, New Albany, and EVERYWHERE in between. We’d love to earn your business. Just let us know if you have any questions, or if you’re ready to get a new garage door!